Amiga scanner driver for
Microtek, Highscreen and Mustek
Overview over the current ScanTek 4.6 version.
- Support of the following SCSI Microtek scanner models:
- MICROTEK IISP, MICROTEK II, HIGHSCREEN Flatbed Color IIs,
ScanMaker E3, ScanMaker 35t, ScanMaker E6,
Highscreen PerfectScan, older Highscreen HighScan
- Microtek ScanMaker 636, 336 and x6 (old model)
- Microtek E3PLUS, V300, 330, 630
This new scanner model can be used in black&white, grey scale
and color scanning.
The download of color lookup tables (gamma curves) is now
Color scan images can contain a shifted segment, if the image
data is written to a harddisk on the same SCSI host adapter.
The image data should be written to a harddisk on another SCSI
host adapter or to a IDE harddisk.
- Support of the following SCSI Mustek Paragon scanner models:
- Three Pass Scanners:
Paragon 6000CX, 8000CX (not tested), 12000CX all should work
- One or Single Pass Scanners:
Paragon 6000SP, 8000SP, 12000SP (now supported) all should work
Paragon 6000CZ, 8000CZ (not tested)
Paragon 600IISP, 800IISP
- The following scanner models are in the development phase:
- Microtek ScanMaker X6 (new model)
- The following scanner models are recognized but not fully supported:
- Mustek ScanExpress 12000SP and Mustek Paragon 1200IIISP (caution: III -> version 3)
Color scanning is only sucessfull at resolutions of 150, 300,
600 and 1200 dpi.
Grey scale scanning is possible.
If the image to be scanned exceeds the scan buffer size than
the image is corrupt. This effect is independent from the
The scanning quality is also (!) dependent from the used
SCSI host adapter.
The ScanExpress or Paragon 12000IIISP scanner models are
not recommended for ScanTek.
At least until sometimes in the future the corresponding
Mustek SCSI programming documentation for these new models
is available. I think this might be a Millenium projekt.
- The following scanner models are not supported by now:
- All remaining Mustek ScanExpress and Paragon IIISP models.
If I get one of the above not supported scanners for testing purposes
then I am able to adapt ScanTek to them. At least I must have the
current programming documentation.
- The following scanner models are not supported:
Canon, Epson, HP, Umax and any parallelport scanner.
In recent times Mustek has changed the scanner firmware.
I urge you to test Mustek scanners with your Amiga
configuration before buying it.
Mustek scanners have a critical SCSI interface. It
was reported to me that these scanners may not work
with the A2091 and A3000(T) internal SCSI interface.
It is possible that these scanners do not work with
other SCSI host adapters, either.
But the Mustek Paragon 6000CX and Mustek Paragon MFS-12000SP work in
combination with an Oktagon SCSI host adapter.
Be sure to disable reselection for Mustek scanners
on your SCSI host adapter. Otherwise your system may
If your scanner is not mentioned in the list above try it and
give me a response whether it works or not.
- Support of black/white, built-in halftone (dither), one-pass-color-scan,
three pass color scan, grey, red, green and blue scan.
- Individual setting of resolution, scanning frame, contrast, shadow,
midtone, highlight, exposure time and scanning speed for download to the
- Download of a color look up table (gamma correction table ) to the scanner
- Scanning to IFF File of 1, 8 or 24 bit color depth. The maximum size of
the scanned image is independent from the RAM size. After the scanning
process it is possible to start an external program.
- GUI for preview and configuration of the driver. You need Kickstart 2.04
but Kickstart 3.0 is recommended.
- Sizeable preview window in black/white or grey scale. Color preview
on Cybergraphix screens (15, 16 or 24 bit necessary).
There are much more skilled programs to view and manipulate the scanned
images in color. (A tool like ADPRO, IMAGE FX or so is needed, if you
want to do sophisticated postproduction)
- ARexx support
- Screenmode requester to define custom screen for working. The current public
screen is supported as well
- Configurable SCSI device and SCSI ID. The driver supports only SCSI
- The driver is tested with the following SCSI drivers: oktagon.device and
- ScanTek is written using SAS C 6.55.
- ScanTek is SHAREWARE.
- The non registered version of ScanTek is a full working version, but all
scanned images have black lines to motivate you to register.
Additionally the maximum size of the preview is restricted.
||Do you have any suggestions or questions about ScanTek then email to
Copyright 1996/97/98/99/2002 by Waldemar Zöhner V1.6